Mar 21, 2007

Joy of flowers


Flowers have always given me much pleasure. Especially if they are from someone special, like these tulips... In summers I buy field flowers in market from old ladies. These flowers aren`t as beautiful as selected flowers, but they remind me my childhood and it gives them added value.
I read somewhere that Latvians and some other ex-Soviet nationalities are the ones that buy flowers most often and not only on weddings or birthdays. Of course, Valentine`s Day, International Women`s Day, 1st September are the best days for flower magazines, but Latvians also buy flowers just because they like them.
I do love roses (which girl doesn`t?). Dark red, white, yellow, almost every colour. But now I think tulips (in dark red roses colour!) will be my second favourite flowers.
I like other flowers too, but, please, don`t give me pinks (carnations)! I hate pinks. Why? In Soviet times pinks were very popular, they were given by everyone on every occasion. Pinks were cheap and there wasn`t big variety of other flowers. That`s why I think if person gives me pinks, he/she simply haven`t thought about me, just brought cheap flowers, that`s all.

No comments: