Mar 27, 2007

Blogger`s list of 10 childhood books I can`t forget

Inspired by Stephanie`s "Blogger`s list of 10 books I can`t live without" I have created list of 10 of my favourite childhood books I can`t forget.

1. Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne - simply love that little bear and his friends
2. Blue castle by L.M. Montgomery - taught me something about love...
3. The Count of Monte Cristo by A. Dumas - it is NOT a children`s book, I know, but I read first it at age 10 and fell in love with it
4. Anne of Green Gables (all books) by L.M. Montgomery - liked these books more than about other girls :)
5. The Wonderful adventures of Nils by S. Lagerlof - Swedish writer`s most popular children`s book, I liked its story.
6. The Mysterious Island by J. Verne - Oh, I was so excited about this book!
7. Captain Grant`s Children or In Search of the Castaways by J. Verne
8. Karlsson on the roof (and other books about this nasty guy) by A. Lindgren
9. Forest Newspaper by V.V. Bianki - great Russian children`s writer tells about life in forest, great source of information.
10. The Sherlock Holmes stories by A.K. Doyle - I started my journey into detectives with Holmes...

Of course, there are many more books, but these ones are best kept in my memory and I`m even willing to re-read them.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Great List!! YES, Count and Winnie are two of my very favorites!! But I comletely forgot about Blue Castle! I loved that book!